1. What personally-identifiable information is collected?
Work Effects collects personally-identifiable information on certain areas of the site when users register, request publications or other information, sign up for conferences and events, apply for jobs, and participate in user posting areas, such as bulletin boards, discussion forums, and surveys. The personally-identifiable information collected may consist of information that you provide, such as names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone and fax numbers, and, for recruiting purposes, any other personally-identifiable information on your resume. In addition, Work Effects collects certain information that you do not visibly enter, such as your IP address, browsing pattern on the site, click stream, and the status of cookies placed on your computer by Work Effects, as described below.
2. How may Work Effects use my personally-identifiable information?
Work Effects uses your personally-identifiable information to fulfill your requests for information, to process your requests to participate in conferences and events, to evaluate any job applications or other employment-related inquiries that you may submit, or for other business purposes as you may initiate or request. We may keep any of your personally-identifiable information on file and use it to contact you for recruiting purposes. Work Effects also uses personally-identifiable information to perform statistical analyses of user behavior in order to measure interest in specific areas and information posted on our site. Work Effects uses personally-identifiable information collected from cookies and IP addresses as described below. Work Effects may provide your personally-identifiable information to any of its affiliates worldwide for such purposes.
3. Are cookies and IP addresses used?
4. Is personally-identifiable information disclosed to third parties?
Work Effects shall not intentionally disclose or transfer (and shall take reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality and security, and to prevent the unauthorized or accidental disclosure of) your personally-identifiable information to third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates of Work Effects), whether for such third parties' marketing purposes or otherwise, subject only to the following four exceptions: Work Effects may disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties in the event that such disclosure is required by the laws, rules or regulations of any nation, state or other applicable jurisdiction; Work Effects may disclose your contact information to third parties as appropriate for Work Effects to make transmissions or deliveries to you; Work Effects may disclose your personally-identifiable information if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure; and Work Effects may disclose contact information for you in response to inquiries by bona fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information you have posted on the site or otherwise provided to Work Effects.
5. Links to third-party sites
We may provide links to third-party web sites as a service to our users. In addition, some of the content appearing to be on this site is in fact supplied by third parties, for example, in instances of framing of third-party web sites or incorporation through frame sets of content supplied by third-party servers. Please be aware that we cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection practices of such third-party web sites, which may differ from those of this site. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies on these web sites before providing any information to them.
6. How can I access, change, and/or delete information?
You may access, correct, update and/or delete any personally-identifiable information that you submit to the site. You may also unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations on the site. To do so, please either follow instructions on the page of the site on which you have provided such information, subscribed or registered, or contact us at Work Effects, Inc., 1201 Marquette Ave. South, Suite 450, Minneapolis, MN 55403.
Work Effects has implemented generally-accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally-identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorized Work Effects personnel are provided access to personally-identifiable information, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, Work Effects cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personally-identifiable information.
8A. Trans-border hosting and transfer of information
Personally-identifiable information collected on the site may be transferred from time to time to Work Effects offices or personnel, or to third parties, located throughout the world, including offices located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and the site may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries (such as the United States) that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data. By using the site and submitting such information on it, you voluntarily consent to such transporter transfer and hosting of such information.
8B. United States – European Union/Switzerland Safe Harbor Privacy Statement
For personal information of employees that we receive from the European Economic Area and Switzerland, Work Effects has committed to handling such personal information in accordance with the Safe Harbor Principles and the 15 FAQs . Work Effects’ Safe Harbor Certification can be found here. For more information about the Safe Harbor Principles, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s website. For access to other Safe Harbor documents including FAQs please click here. When we collect personal information from you on our websites or are provided personal information from your employer, we comply with the United States - European Union Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union and Switzerland. These are our promises to you:
- Notice. When we collect your personal information, we’ll give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we’ll use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
- Choice. We’ll give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we’ll respect the choices you make.
- Relevance. We’ll collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
- Retention. We’ll keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted by law.
- Accuracy. We’ll take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate.
- Access. We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
- Security. We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Sharing. Except as described in this policy, we won’t share your personal information with third parties without your consent.
- International Transfer. If we transfer your personal information to another country, we’ll take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer.
- Enforcement. We’ll regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy promises, and we’ll provide an independent way to resolve complaints about our privacy practices.
9. Children's online privacy protection.
Work Effects understands the importance of protecting children's privacy, especially in an online environment. This site is not intentionally designed for or directed at children 13 years-of-age or younger, and Work Effects will not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.
11. Contact our privacy department
Work Effects, Inc.
527 Marquette Avenue South, Suite 900
Minneapolis, MN 55402